UNIDO ITPO Italy, in collaboration with the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, coordinates support programmes addressed to institutions, in order to promote and facilitate investments in developing countries.
- Delegates Programme: ITPO hosts at its offices, representatives of developing countries, identified among the officials from local institutional counterparts, to support promotional activities for the benefit of their countries of origin. During the period of permanence in Italy, delegates can also benefit of capacity building opportunities becoming familiar with UNIDO tools and methodologies.
- Study tour: organization of ad hoc technical missions for technical insights (e.g. visits to the Italian industrial districts, exports consortia, etc.)
Assistance and Promotion
- Definition and implementation of technical assistance programmes for the development of specific industrial sectors
- Support to the consolidation of industrial associations, Chambers of Commerce and Handicraft associations
- Facilitation of contacts with institutions working in support of SMEs at national and international level
- Promotion of the developing country through seminars, newsletters, and the dispatch of information regarding investment opportunities and industrial capabilities to companies