The tender has the objective to scout, classify, select and promote the best innovative ideas and technologies relative to the entire agribusiness value chain – developed by start-ups, businesses, research centers and academia – that could be successfully applied in Developing Countries (DCs).
Specifically, priority will be given to the following themes:
- Technologies for the improvement of the harvest, processing, conservation and packaging of food products, with a special focus on the use of advanced and innovative materials;
- Technologies and innovative ideas for the valorization of agricultural products of agricultural communities and aimed at fighting food waste and losses;
- Innovative solutions for the logistics management and access to international markets of agricultural products of DCs;
- Technologies and innovative solutions for the improvement of life conditions of workers in the agricultural and similar sectors in DCs;
- Technologies and instruments for the development and qualification of a local market for food and agricultural goods and products;
- Innovative solutions linked to the environmental technologies for agribusiness waste treatment & management, and production of energy and water from alternative sources for agricultural, human and zoo technical use.
The tender seeks to create a virtuous circle of connections between the private, academic, financial, and institutional world of the countries in the UNIDO ITPO Italy’s network. Furthermore, it offers the possibility to the selected applicants to present their own innovative ideas and technologies directly to institutions represented at the event, in addition to potentially interested financial entities and stakeholders.