Objective of the Contest
The tender has the objective to scout, classify, select and promote the best innovative ideas and technologies relative to the entire agribusiness value chain – developed by startups, businesses, research centers and academia – that could be successfully applied in Developing Countries (DCs).
Specifically, priority will be given to the following themes:
- Cultivation, harvesting, processing, conservation, packaging and distribution of agricultural, livestock and fishery products;
- Valorization of agricultural products of local communities and aimed at fighting food waste and losses;
- Logistics management and access to international markets of agricultural products of DCs;
- Improvement of life and economic conditions of workers in the agricultural and similar sectors in DCs;
- Development and qualification of a local market for food and agricultural goods and byproducts;
- Environmental solutions for agribusiness waste treatment & management, and production of energy and water from alternative sources for agricultural, human and zoo technical use;
- Smart and Urban Agriculture and ICT & big data application.
The competition seeks to create a virtuous circle of connections between the private, academic, financial, and institutional world of the countries in the UNIDO ITPO Italy and FFI network. Furthermore, it offers the opportunity to the winners to present their own innovative ideas and technologies directly to donors and institutions represented at the event, in addition to benefit ad hoc promotional and networking support provided by the organizers.